Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

SOCIAL EVENTS

Social Events

GREEN CLOSES – no more bowling until April 2022

"Behind the scenes." A little story to show how the club would not exist without members who go above and beyond.

Our Greenmaster Ray Gregory was using the machine that punches holes into the green 3 weeks ago when it blew up - specifically a con rod smashed through the engine wall!  Looked like we would need a new engine until Denis looked at it and said " I think we can repair this!  Parts needed to be sourced from China and the USA, all for under £30 including postage which only took 2 weeks. Then the liner would not fit, the bore size was 0.010 too small.  Denis to the rescue again, took it to his brother who was able to ream it out.   A lot of time and hard work by Ray and Denis, all behind the scenes that not many of us are aware of.  These gentlemen are a credit to the club and deserved a mention.  This is the ethos of the club, helping out where we can.   Our club cannot exist with the support of our members.  If you would like to add such a story to my diary then you know what to do.

Saturday 2nd October

PUTTING THE GREEN TO BED.  

Thank you very much to our knights in shining armour who gave up their time this morning to help put everything away for the winter and generally tidy things up.

Keith Hart, Malcolm Metcalfe, Ian Munro, Malcolm Rendle, Brian Rolfe, Graham Scothern, Chris Wallis, Richard Ward and Gangmaster Ray Wilkins.

It was very much appreciated.

Sunday 3rd October

Presentation Lunch in the Clubhouse.

Wednesday 6th October

7pm – 9pm:  SHORT MAT BOWLING STARTS AGAIN

This is a very friendly, flexible evening, come and go as you wish.  Cost will be £1pp and this will help to cover the cost of the heating and lighting and eventually a new mat. We look forward to welcoming our new members to this different form of bowling.  If you'd like to come along and just watch then this is fine too.  Any queries please give Kath & Roger a ring on 01572 723928.  Bar of course will be open.

Saturday 16th October Majority Rules Quiz – 7.30pm

7pm FOR 7.30pm start:  FIRST SOCIAL EVENT OF THE WINTER:

MAJORITY RULES QUIZ

For those who have not been to one of these before let me assure you your little grey cells will not be taxed at all.  There are no right or wrong answers to my questions, but you, the Majority, will decide the correct answer.  Intrigued? Then come along and join us, you’ll have lots of laughs.  Light refreshments at the interval and of course the bar will be open.  Notice is on the board to sign up, or give me a ring (01572 821137)

Friday 22nd October

7pm – FRIDAY NIGHT SOCIALS START AGAIN - £1pp

A very informal get together for a drink and a chat – everyone welcome.  We usually have a light hearted quiz just to keep us on our toes.

Friday 26th November

Annual general meeting

December - date to be confirmed

Christmas lunch and grand raffle.