Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

OPENING THE GREEN 2023

Graham opening the green 2023 Graham opening the green 2023

Opening Night

What a splendid turn out last night.  It was just great to see everyone and this enthusiasm bodes well for the coming season.

Good to welcome our newest member Colin Wagstaffe and his wife Sandra, and of course our returning members Jenny and Eddie Owen.  It was very encouraging too that many of the members who joined last year have taken the plunge and entered the Club Competitions, and we shall look forward to some great games.

If you weren't able to attend last night and wish to enter the club comps, which I hope you will, you can either scan your entry form and email to me, post them to me, ring me to let me know what you'd like to enter, or leave it for me on the notice board in the ladies' changing room.  Deadline for entries is 16th April.

Just to reiterate we cannot go on the green at the moment, but I will let you know just as soon as Ray gives us the go ahead.

Here's to a great season

Janet

Oakham Bowls Club Update W.E. 31st March 2023

A somewhat damp and cool Friday Evening at the Vale and watched by some of  the hardier members of the club  Club President Graham Cole delivered a Ceremonial wood to open the new season at Oakham Bowls Club.

On returning to the Club House Graham joined his fellow members who were enjoying catching up with each other after the long winter break. He wished them all an enjoyable and successful season on the green.  The green was looking in excellent condition thanks to the dedication and hard work of Ray Gregory.

A warm welcome was given to the latest new member Colin Wagstaffe and his wife Sandra and to returning members Jennie and Eddie Owen.

Club Chair Janet Horwood and Club Secretary David Morgan were busy ‘signing up’ members who were entering the various Club Competitions. A reminder that the closing date for entries is April 16th.

Following a very successful Open Day last May the club is looking to attract more members by holding an Open Day on Saturday May 20th. Potential new members experienced or new to the game, do not have to wait until then if they wish to join. ‘Chummies’ (friendly bowling sessions) will be played o Wednesday and Sunday mornings from 10.00 am. Anyone is welcome to come and ‘have a go’ during these sessions, just wear flat shoes and all other equipment and assistance will be provided. The Club has a number of qualified coaches who are always willing to provide tuition and offer an insight to the game.

For more information visit the Club website at www.oakhambowlingclub.uk or contact |Beryl Birch on 01572 770232